Walk to Weavers Way, then get a ride home for you
and your groceries!
A few of us have discovered that we love walking in our
neighborhood, especially to the co-op, but the return trip home,
laden with groceries, has us resorting to driving about, even in
lovely walkable Mt Airy. We’re therefore introducing a unique
one-way ride share system - just to get you & your groceries
Ride sharing WORKS for the Co-op, for members, and for the
- Increased purchasing - Buy more than you can carry home
- Builds a more generous, cooperative community - Newcomers can
meet old-timers, neighbors can catch up
- Promotes healthy life styles - by facilitating walking
- Promotes diversity - by supporting members who do not drive
- Reduced parking congestion - fewer cars coming to the Co-op
means easier parking for all
- Decreased global warming - from decreased car trips
IF YOU WALKED HERE...
- Put your name and destination by the SELTZER CASE when you
come in to shop.
- Listen for your name on the intercom when someone offers a
- Meet your ride by the SELTZER CASE, and wait for them to be
ready outside, by the bottled waters (Greene St exit).
IF YOU DROVE HERE...
- Look at the postings by the SELTZER CASE to see if someone
needs a ride out by your way.
- If you can offer a ride, tell a floor manager who will
announce the offer on the intercom